Friday, March 11, 2011

A DAY LATE..... 1,200 DOLLARS SHORT...

It has been brutally brought to my attention (over and over) that it is that time again: A time when magic in the form of music, food, drink, and fashionable babes forms in the eclectic epicenter of Austin, Texas......today marks the beginning of SXSW 2011 !


Why so somber, you ask, then? Because I will, once again, not be in attendance to witness this musical miracle rear its head this year. I have this little thing called a job....which doesn't allow for weeks off to head to Austin, or the wages to drop 1200 bones on a platinum badge. 


Nonetheless, I will be dreaming of you oh sweet sweet little world of amazing. 
Just in case you're a lucky, lucky (or rich ass) bastard and have said passes.... please complete a few things off of my bucket list for me:


*   Be sure to Catch The Local Natives throwin down a surprise performance with a quartet at Stubbs tonight...
*   Grab some vinyl at the mobile record store that Jack White will be premiering for the first time. (details here)
*   Do yourself a favor and catch one of Nico Stai's sets. Be sure to let him know that he is a genius and I would like to carry his children, that is if you aren't in a complete trance from his band's legendary performance.


I could go on...but I might consider suicide....(only kidding- that's a bit over the top- but it really is all about the theatrics afterall, am i right??)


As the late (?), great Celine Dion once said, "My heart will go on......"



No comments:

Post a Comment