Friday, February 18, 2011

LATE NIGHTS AT THE OFFICE BECOME ECLECTIC....

There may be a three day weekend readily upon us, but hefty workloads have managed to keep that holiday out of mind for me as I slowly lose my eyesight on this rainy friday at the office.
Since my current project has my eyes glued to images that are WAAAY too close up, I have taken it upon myself to institute mandatory photoshop breaks and, in doing so, I found a very delightful soundbite.....


If you like good music, mustaches, and magic (yes, they are magical) then you will be happy to have read my little ditty for the day: 


LOCAL NATIVES are indeed that - they are local LA natives and they are also amazing if you wanted to know. The band has been touring for quite some damn time now, so, shame on you if you haven't taken time out to see them (just kidding, don't feel bad about yourself). Their music has been a staple on my Itunes  and revolving mix cd's as their dreamy melodies are so utterly addicting and refreshing, you won't be able to stop listening....
Which is why I was very pleased to see that they were able to make a stop at KCRW for "mornings become eclectic" today, and sing us some lullabies...... with a string quartet to back them up - no big deal. But, I guess they had to get some practice in for this little old show they're doing at THE WALT DISNEY CONCERT HALL. Tickets are sold out, to no surprise, but you can catch their amazing performance from KCRW right here


Thank you, my soul rattlin', mustache wearin, beasts of song... you have saved my cubicle jailed Friday.....


OH - and, just in case you're sitting down (trust me, this one's heavy) - check out the video they did for the ALWAYS amazing Blogotheque. It will literally blow your mind..... it is...right.... HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment